ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Create a Custom Project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brittany HensleyCreate a Custom Project
by on Jan 30, 2014 at 6:50:33 pm

Hello there,

I am new to after effects and just started to learn the program. I have a special project I need to do for the company I work for and I can't seem to figure out how to get the program to get the specs I need them to be. I need to create a project that is 16x1936 square pixels. Then it needs to be repeated 4xs for a total size of 16x7,7,744 square pixels.

I tried to do this last year in flash and it wouldn't allow me to go larger that 2880. I'm really stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Create a Custom Project
by on Jan 31, 2014 at 2:40:54 pm

After Effects can create a comp as small as 4x4 or as large as 30,000 x 30,000. When you create a new composition, you can set the width and height to whatever you'd like. If you've already made a composition, you can change its dimensions at any time via its composition settings.

However, Ae is both deep and broad, and it's very hard to jump right in without taking a little time to learn fundamental concepts first.

Since you're new to After Effects, I'd recommend starting with the following link, in which Adobe's Todd Kopriva pulls together some important introductory materials:

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Brittany HensleyRe: Create a Custom Project
by on Jan 31, 2014 at 3:00:03 pm

Thank you for your time I appreciate it :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved