ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Trial doesn't work on Mavericks?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Freeman
CC Trial doesn't work on Mavericks?
on Jan 30, 2014 at 8:35:06 am

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering whether anyone can give me a clear answer. I recently tried to download the ADOBE CC to my MacBook Pro which runs Mavericks. I figured this was a good way to trial the software (I run CS6 at the moment and was thinking of signing on as it would help workflow with clients who already run CC). The trial does not work - it crashes on load. I've spoken to Adobe and they say the full version will work. However as the trial doesn't work I'm nervous that this is just the sales pitch they've been briefed on. I don't have time to gut my system looking for files to delete and replace from old installers (the upgrade is supposed to save time).

Adobe wouldn't say why the trial isn't working - they just blanked the question and said signing up will solve it. I'm the kind of person who can understand and get over issues like this if I'm told 'why', but I don't want to commit my money to something when my evaluation experience ended before it began...

My questions are
1) Will CC run on Mavericks?
2) Why doesn't the evaluation trial work? (something they told me to ask on forums)
3) Has anyone else found this and have experience they can share

I'm not trying to adobe bash - I just want some answers. I thought that adobe would be the place to get them (if they want to sell the product) but I might be wrong...

Macbook Pro
2.8Ghz Intel duo
8GB Ram

iMac
3.4Ghz i7
16GB Ram

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: CC Trial doesn't work on Mavericks?
on Jan 30, 2014 at 4:57:22 pm
Last Edited By Todd Kopriva on Jan 30, 2014 at 5:18:28 pm

Please give me the case number for your interaction with Adobe Technical Support. You appear to have been given bad information. I need to follow up on that.

The trial version of After Effects works on Mavericks.

You need to install a bug-fix update to run either After Effects 12.1 or 12.2, since After Effects 12.0 has a problem on Mavericks.

Links to the updates are here:
http://adobe.ly/DVA_updates

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Sam Freeman
on Jan 31, 2014 at 9:29:17 am

Hi Todd,

Thanks for getting back to me - it's really appreciated that you're so active on here.

My case number is :0212305867

I've installed the latest update (12.2) but I'm still having an issue

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 31, 2014 at 4:19:53 pm
Last Edited By Todd Kopriva on Jan 31, 2014 at 4:21:32 pm

Ah, that is a very easy problem to fix.

Mac OS has incorrectly set the permissions for some files. Mac OS will _often_ set permissions of folders and files incorrectly.

You'll see this problem in programs like After Effects in the form of error messages saying that a file can't be written, overwritten, or renamed.

To fix this in the case of After Effects, go to the preferences folder and set the _entire_ preferences folder ( /Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/12.2/ ) and all of its contents to be writable, not read-only.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Sam Freeman
on Jan 31, 2014 at 5:15:31 pm

Aha great! Took me a while to find it as I forgot it would be hidden.

So I'm a step further and the program now opens. However, it now can't find Quicktime... It is installed.

I've tried deleting the preferences folder so that it gets rebuilt (as suggested here -http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-error... )

I can't see anything else in that article that might be the problem. Any pointers?

Thanks
Sam

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 31, 2014 at 9:08:43 pm

I recommend calling Adobe Technical Support again to work through your QuickTime issue if you have already worked through all of the items in the blog post that you linked to.

This time, make sure that you're talking with someone in the video applications queue, and don't hesitate to ask to have you case escalated to the next-higher level if you aren't getting adequate assistance.

Report back here if that fails.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]