ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need to cover dropped pixex...can a blur "press inward" from mask edges?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich KaelinNeed to cover dropped pixex...can a blur "press inward" from mask edges?
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 9:15:30 pm

Our camera dropped a pixel on interviews. I have a bad dropped pixel on faces, it actually covers about 6-24 pixels, depending on how you interpret it. I would like to trace the effected area with a mask of 6 or 24 pixels, then have a blur that presses inward from the mask edges, sort of a reverse radial blur. In effect, I wish to move the info from mask edges inward, so I am not just copying area from the left or right, which looks "okay", but I am copying from all around and squeezing info inward into center of mask. I think this would be less noticeable than the solution I have now, which is better than the drop. I have included to pics one at 200% and one at a pixel level, so you can see the drop. I have several long clips, so PS is not an option.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Need to cover dropped pixex...can a blur "press inward" from mask edges?
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 9:57:46 pm

My favorite technique with this is to use the CC Simple Wire Removal effect. Use two instances making a cross/plus shape.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Need to cover dropped pixex...can a blur "press inward" from mask edges?
by on Jan 30, 2014 at 1:25:01 pm

You could also make a feathered garbage mask - pretty tight around the problem area, comp the same clip behind and move slightly to find a good area that blends in. This will give you the same grain and natural movement of the skin.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Rich KaelinRe: Need to cover dropped pixex...can a blur "press inward" from mask edges?
by on Jan 30, 2014 at 2:28:01 pm

That is what I did originally. The other suggestion works well and is quicker. no need for cross hairs. Thanks.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]