ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need to cover dropped pixex...can a blur "press inward" from mask edges?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Kaelin
Need to cover dropped pixex...can a blur "press inward" from mask edges?
on Jan 29, 2014 at 9:15:30 pm

Our camera dropped a pixel on interviews. I have a bad dropped pixel on faces, it actually covers about 6-24 pixels, depending on how you interpret it. I would like to trace the effected area with a mask of 6 or 24 pixels, then have a blur that presses inward from the mask edges, sort of a reverse radial blur. In effect, I wish to move the info from mask edges inward, so I am not just copying area from the left or right, which looks "okay", but I am copying from all around and squeezing info inward into center of mask. I think this would be less noticeable than the solution I have now, which is better than the drop. I have included to pics one at 200% and one at a pixel level, so you can see the drop. I have several long clips, so PS is not an option.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Need to cover dropped pixex...can a blur "press inward" from mask edges?
on Jan 29, 2014 at 9:57:46 pm

My favorite technique with this is to use the CC Simple Wire Removal effect. Use two instances making a cross/plus shape.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jan 30, 2014 at 1:25:01 pm

You could also make a feathered garbage mask - pretty tight around the problem area, comp the same clip behind and move slightly to find a good area that blends in. This will give you the same grain and natural movement of the skin.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
on Jan 30, 2014 at 2:28:01 pm

That is what I did originally. The other suggestion works well and is quicker. no need for cross hairs. Thanks.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]