ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

stroke following finger tip??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdystroke following finger tip??
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:43:51 pm

Hi

Please advice. I can't seem to find a tutorials on this subject even though i know there are many. It is most likely because i dont know the wording. I want to make a stroke or a line shape following the finger tip of my actor. So he is in front of a green screen and he swirls he's finger tip in random movements. Do i track he's finger First and then create a null? Then is it the stroke effect i use to create a path which stays on screen after he moves the finger? How can i attach an effect say i.e optical flare to follow the track points?
One last question, since following a finger tip would be a single track point i guess after effect own motion tracking is suitable but would mocha for after effects also do the job? I mean can Mocha track a single point??
Br HRB

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: stroke following finger tip??
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 10:48:31 pm

Sure - mocha could track the finger and export the Transform, Scale, and Rotation keyframes. You do not "have" to use corner pin/perspective export. So this would be the same as concept as using the AE point tracker (with more robust mocha tracking).

You could use that track data for a null to drive any effect.

If you want to explore more advanced techniques, you could try 3D object tracking using either mocha AE v3 OR another application like Syntheyes or PFTRACK, etc.

Best,
Ross

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-BilverdyRe: stroke following finger tip??
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 4:48:46 am

Ok. Sounds great. So to do the tracking from mocha, do i just create an spline outline of the finger. Export the transform, scale, position to after effects. And will the null be in center of that tracking data?? Or how can i achieve the single Point track?
/HRB

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: stroke following finger tip??
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 3:07:34 pm

In mocha, view the "Surface" this represents the track data.

When exporting Corner Pin, you will get the 4 Surface corner points as track data.

When exporting Transform, Scale, Rotate, you will get the center of the surface.
Sometimes it may help to view, scale and position the Surface before exporting.

You can always offset that position with your Null in AE.

Best,
Ross

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]