ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Internal verification failure

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Gaber
Internal verification failure
on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:48:21 pm

On boot-up AE CC (up to date) reports "After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! [Unexpected FunctionBlock5 flags for FunctionBlock4} (5027 :: 53)

And when I dismiss the notification box I get a second which says "AGEP Plugin SDK_IO: Could not register file type. (5027 :: 12)"....not sorry this time.

And when I try to save a project I get "After Effects error: Can't overwrite file "/Users/bruce/library/preferences/adobe/aftereffects/12.2/AdobeAfterEffects 12.2 prefs.txt". (3 ::3)

Yup, I'm sorry too. But does anybody have a clue as to what this means, and what the ramifications are?

I did an uninstall and reinstalled from the Creative Cloud app. But didn't help. AE worked the last time I used it, so this is indeed strange.

Am I the only one finding that CC apps seem to take a lot more maintenance; have a lot more unexplained arcane messages, and occupy lot more of my time? (Thank you for letting me vent)

Would be most grateful for some suggestions here.

iMac 3.5Ghz Intel Core i7
24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
1 TB with SSD accelerator

Many thanks

Bruce

Photographer / Motion Graphics Artist
Vision Rising

vimeo.com/BodhiBruce
visionrising.com

Dance Without Reason

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Internal verification failure
on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:11:40 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:19:12 pm

Don't run CC, don't have a solution, but I hear you: you almost need a computer science or IT degree just to get the software to work properly.

I haven't hear of many non-tech-detail-oriented people -- those who just use computers and couldn't care less how they work -- who've had a lot of luck with AE CC. There are too many arcane "we've just come up with a limited bug fix, and you need to take this prescribed arcane action" deals that it seems hardly worth one's while to use it.

Now, in Adobe's defense, there certainly are more combinations of computers, processors, operating systems and third-party cards than ever before. It's gotta be tough to satisfy everyone.

But that's the corner into which they painted themselves.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Here's evidence that you need some kind of degree to use AE CC
on Jan 29, 2014 at 12:30:54 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 29, 2014 at 6:51:29 pm

This is from Adobe's AE user-to-user forum. This was written by Tim Kurkowski of Adobe:

"Are you on Mac OS 10.9? Moving or deleting a plist file may not be successful due to the new plist caching behavior in 10.9. It's possible to work around it, though it requires more advanced OS management skills. See this, for example:

"http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19303958/deleting-plist-file-does-n ot-reset-app-on-mac-os-10-9-mavericks"

...just to get AE CC to run as advertised. Yipes! And how much of that quote is a typical art director going to understand?

Now, the good Mr. Kurkowski is doing his level best to get customers' software running smoothly. No doubt about that. The point is this: why should he have to recommend such arcane procedures in the first place? That's just flippin' bizarre to my way of thinking. I see it as an overly-complicated, after-the-fact remedy for software that was shoved out the door far too early.

You know, upon reflection, AE version 7 was NOT a bad piece of software. Not one bit. And just about anybody could install it without incident. Ah, those were the days.

Okay, my wife couldn't have installed it, but she's still asking questions like, "Do I single-click or double-click on this? I don't want to break anything."

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:26:48 pm

[Bruce Gaber] "Can't overwrite file"

Have you tried repairing your permissions?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 28, 2014 at 8:24:11 pm

[Bruce Gaber] "And when I try to save a project I get "After Effects error: Can't overwrite file "/Users/bruce/library/preferences/adobe/aftereffects/12.2/AdobeAfterEffects 12.2 prefs.txt". (3 ::3)"

Have you recently updated to Mavericks? I'd direct you to this post [link] by Todd Kopriva:

[Todd Kopriva] "Mac OS has incorrectly set the permissions for some files.

When you upgrade a Mac OS (as opposed to installing the new version fresh), Mac OS will _often_ set permissions of folders and files incorrectly.

You'll see this problem in programs like After Effects in the form of error messages saying that a file can't be written, overwritten, or renamed.

To fix this in the case of After Effects, go to the preferences folder and set the _entire_ preferences folder ( /Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/10.0/ ) and all of its contents to be writable, not read-only."

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Bruce Gaber
on Jan 28, 2014 at 10:26:21 pm

Thank you all.

Repaired permissions
reset permission on entire preference folder to r/w

still does the same dastardly things

This is, by the way, a brand new iMac with the factory installed OS X (a pretty standard beast as far as Adobe developers might be concerned)

More thoughts happily explored. In the meantime I think Dave is right, I'll just work in AE 6.0 until the dust settles. (Hmmm, that suggests another experiment. Does this happen with AE 6?)

Best
Bruce

Photographer / Motion Graphics Artist
Vision Rising

vimeo.com/BodhiBruce
visionrising.com

Dance Without Reason

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jan 29, 2014 at 2:04:52 pm

No issues yet with AE CC, but heavily frustrated with Premiere Pro CC.

If you want to try uninstalling again use this:
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-prob...

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Benjamin Goldman
on Feb 25, 2014 at 7:28:17 pm
Last Edited By Benjamin Goldman on Feb 25, 2014 at 7:39:08 pm

I am getting the same error "...internal verification...(5027 :: 53)"with 10.8.5 both before and after permission repair. I get the error whether launching AE solo, or invoking AE from within PrP via command+E.

I didn't get this error before updgading to AE CC 12.2.0.52

I'm trying the 12.2.1… update. Will report back. Cheers B

MAC 12-core 2.66; 27" LED; 10.8.5; 96GB RAM | Nvidia Quadro 400 Mac | Adobe CC | Cinema 4d r15 | Modo 701 | FCP 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Benjamin Goldman
on Feb 26, 2014 at 3:53:45 am

I don't know which step fixed the crash, but I did the following:

• Uninstalled CS6 applications
• Downloaded and ran "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool", removing CS6 remnants and CC desktop app.
• Reinstalled latest CC desktop app
• Updated to AE 12.2.1

cheers! B

MAC 12-core 2.66; 27" LED; 10.8.5; 96GB RAM | Nvidia Quadro 400 Mac | Adobe CC | Cinema 4d r15 | Modo 701 | FCP 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 20, 2014 at 6:58:42 pm

See this for a bug fix in the Maxon Cinema 4D exchange plug-in for After Effects CC, which fixes the first error message listed on this thread: http://adobe.ly/PUHVms

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Huntington Carpenter
on Jun 1, 2014 at 6:01:42 am

Hey guys, I know a lot of people run into these sort of issues when installing/updating/or transferring applications to a new hard drive.

I had the same error after I cloned my OS drive to a new SSD. The solution is simple if you know just a few neat little tricks.

I left the error window up and opened up a new finder window so I could trace the path. While you have the finder window open go up to the top bar and drop down the "Go" menu tab, while it is dropped down press the "alt" key. You should see a new "Library" option in the drop down menu appear. Im not a technical wiz but I like to call this library the hidden library. I have no idea why you can't get to it any easier way.

But once you select that library just follow the error path and along the whole route I hit "Command + I" to pull up the info on every folder in the path, unlocked it and changed permissions to "read and write", double checked to make sure I got them all, went back into AE hit "ok" on the error message then reopened the same project and presto it was fixed :D.

Hope this helps somebody, the hidden library trick comes in handy a lot.

Return to posts index

Simon Bronson
on Dec 2, 2014 at 1:17:17 am

That fixed it for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]