ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Last week's project won't open

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly SchaeferLast week's project won't open
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 4:41:46 pm

Hi all. I am running CS6 Win 64 Enterprise here at work. I made good progress on a project I started last Monday. It's not a big project, only one green screen clip with some standard effects, fog lights animation on the background and some rotating text, not 3d. Two solid layers. Looking really good, on a tight deadline, and now it won't open. No nothing, just the opening box shows 1% and then it just locks up and the program won't respond. Ideas?

viddog4

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Last week's project won't open
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 8:17:43 pm

Have you tried creating a new project and importing the problem project into it, that works sometimes.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kelly SchaeferRe: Last week's project won't open
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 8:19:20 pm

Hi John

Yes, I did try that but it won't import either.

viddog4

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Last week's project won't open
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 8:27:35 pm

And in the future, use Save and Increment (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) often. This up-versions your file name for you, keeping your old project files and creating new ones with incremented version numbers.

In other words, "My Project.aep" will remain on disk and a new project "My Project 1.aep" will be saved, then "My Project 2.aep" etc.

This history of project files gives you some additional protection against both computer malfunction and operator error.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jan 28, 2014 at 8:58:53 pm

Thanks Walter; I was wondering why there wasn't an incremental saving system like with Premier. I was not aware of the save & increment

viddog4

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Last week's project won't open
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 9:10:14 pm

[Kelly Schaefer] "Thanks Walter; I was wondering why there wasn't an incremental saving system like with Premier. I was not aware of the save & increment"

There is also an auto-save feature. This is enabled by default in the current release, but you have to enable it for CS6.

I am sorry that this won't help you for this project, but it may be worthwhile for the future.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jan 29, 2014 at 2:05:57 pm

thnx guys. I will begin rebuilding today and remeber what you have both said for the future

viddog4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]