ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Reverse engineer file or recreate from scratch?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Leno
Reverse engineer file or recreate from scratch?
on Jan 27, 2014 at 3:52:16 pm

I have an intro & outro for my YouTube channel that someone else created for me. That person is no longer answering my emails, I don't have the original .aep file and I need to make a change to the intro video. I do have the full CS6 suite.

Is there a way to reverse engineer the mp4 file or does it have to be recreated from scratch? If it has to be recreated, would anyone be willing to help recreate it? I don't have any budget to pay for this help, but I think it is a fairly simple project based on what little I have seen of the abilities of After Effects. The entire intro & outro are only 12 seconds long.

Thank you,
Jay

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: Reverse engineer file or recreate from scratch?
on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:22:10 pm

Unfortunately, you'll need to recreate. Also unfortunately, you probably don't have the original media files - video, graphics, etc., which will make recreation problematic.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:37:31 pm

People might be able to help you if you provided a link to the intro and outro.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jay Leno
on Jan 27, 2014 at 7:46:35 pm

I didn't put in any links in the hope that there was a menu option that could figure it out, sort of like how you can preserve Illustrator paths in a PDF file.

I have put the Intro/Outro file here: http://rcculture.com/video/RCCultureIntroOutro.mp4

The font for the main name "RC Culture" is Base02, I'm not sure what the other font is.

What I need is an After Effects project file of this so that I can make changes to it whenever I need to in the future. I have CS6.

Thank you,
Jay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]