ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Jittery footage once burned to DVD

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul McConnachJittery footage once burned to DVD
by on Jan 26, 2014 at 11:51:16 am

Hello,

Apologies if this has been asked before, i'm in a rush to finish off a DVD for a deadline and I couldn't find the answer I needed anywhere. I have a suspicion the problem is to do with the interlacing but I could be wrong.
I'm importing a .mov file that has been captured from a minidv tape in Final Cut Pro into After effects. Whilst in After Effects i interpret the footage as being lowerfield and then preserve edges. I then create a time remap and render with the file still lowerfield interlaced. The results are fine and play back smoothly However when i import back to final cut i'll be asked if i want to change my sequence settings to match that of the clip. If i say yes or no (which will incur a field shift of plus 1) i still have a good result with play back. I then export using compressor and use the best 90 minute DVD preset, then burn the DVD in DVD studio pro. The problem is when i play back on the television i get jittery playback throughout the clip. I spent a day trying to solve this a while ago and ended up with a result where the video played back fine itself then when the slow motion occured it would become jittery for that time period, i'm convinced i'm doing nothing differently here. Can anyone help me? I can provide screen grabs and anymore information i may of left out. I should also mention i'm working from the UK so all my presets are in PAL format.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Jittery footage once burned to DVD
by on Jan 27, 2014 at 1:21:46 am

[Paul McConnach] "Whilst in After Effects i interpret the footage as being lowerfield and then preserve edges. I then create a time remap and render with the file still lowerfield interlaced... I should also mention i'm working from the UK so all my presets are in PAL format."

Isn't PAL DVD upper field first?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Paul McConnachRe: Jittery footage once burned to DVD
by on Jan 27, 2014 at 8:19:09 am

It is indeed I was getting confused, solved the problem. Thanks for replying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]