ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering And Converting Huge Files Sizes After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry HallRendering And Converting Huge Files Sizes After Effects
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 12:42:40 pm

Hi there,
I was hoping someone could help me shed some light on an issue I'm having with After Effects.

When I have finished a project in After Effects, and go to render it, I always choose "lossless compression" AVI. This is because I'm not happy with the quality of any of the other formats in After Effects. Even when using a higher bitrate with MP4, the quality and compression efficiency is still not satisfactory.

After rendering and getting a lossless AVI file, I then convert it using Handbrake. Handbrake compresses it very efficiently giving a beautiful quality image and a small file size.

My issue is with large projects, I get lossless file sizes of 100GB or more. I can't convert or even open 100GB files as (presumably) I don't have enough RAM.

Does anybody know how I can get round this?

Many Thanks!
Henry

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Rendering And Converting Huge Files Sizes After Effects
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 4:09:24 pm

Use Adobe Media Encoder to create files in final delivery formats like .mp4 from After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]