ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rotoscoping Save

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnathan WebbRotoscoping Save
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 6:59:22 am

I have a project on my computer in After Effects. It involves a lot of rotoscoping. I want to work on it at school and so I saved a project file onto my portable hd along with the footage. When I open the project at school and go into the layer window to continue rotoscoping, none of the frames that I have rotoscoped at home come up. I know AE saves the rendered frames into a cache but I am not sure where to find it on my computer, or what the folder would even be called. Does anyone know an easy way to save the project on my hd to take into class along with the frames that I have already rotoscoped? Please?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Rotoscoping Save
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 8:48:21 am

Did you use RotoBrush or old-school masking to do your rotoscoping? If it's RotoBrush then ensure that you Freeze completed frames - hmmm, freeze-d frames or otherwise, RotoBrush data is contained within the AEP - similarly for masking.

There's a strong likelihood that something else is amiss. It could be your system, it could be the one at school.

Try sending the existing AEP to a friend to see if they have a similar issue. Look at other avenues to troubleshoot and if still failing, come back with more details.

AE MoGraph Intensity Workshop - Promo Video

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Andrew ManzellaRe: Rotoscoping Save
by on Jan 26, 2014 at 2:11:16 pm

Not sure exactly where the files would be. But, if you are creating masks for your roto then the keys should be saved in the project and you shouldn't need anything that is cached. If you have the footage saved and linked that is the only external element that should be needed. That is if I am understanding you correctly.

Like I said, if you created the keyframes on a mask layer, the only thing you need is the keyframe info on that layer. If that isn't there maybe you opened an earlier version or saved it someplace else and you are opening an earlier iteration?

Three things that might help out is to create an organized project folder (if you haven't already), save often to that folder using the save in increments function so that you have back ups if something goes wrong, and finally, at the end of the day, collect your project and save it on a different drive - just as a backup.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Andrew Manzella
2d/3d Geek

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved