ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rotoscoping issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evan halleckRotoscoping issue
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 4:00:08 am

Hey Guys Fairly new to After Effects so please done eat me up. I am attempting to rotoscoppe some footage. What I am trying to do exactly is to cut out a guy rubbing a vase and place a white back ground behind him in a door way. No matter how many times I do over the footage with rotoscoping frame by frame I can't seem to get it any where near perfect. Here is a example of one of the clips I am working on. this is very frustrating and I just want to finish this project but the rotoscope cut is very wavy and their seems to be nothing I can do about it.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Rotoscoping issue
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:42:18 am

Rotoscoping well requires knowledge (how to rotoscope using keyframe strategies) , skills (knowledge of the software and how to discern different types of movement to help you with choosing the right/best keyframing strategy) and experience (the more you do, the better you become - see previous articulations).

I have no idea what your video is showing - before or after rotoscoping.

If your original footage's foreground and background are sufficiently distinctive, you can try AE's Rotobrush Tool.

A good option for this is to use mocha - to track the vase and then to link/parent a shape in mocha to the vase. There's a lot to know and do.

You also have the option of outsourcing the rotoscoping and only take on such jobs after you have delved, sufficiently with the practical aspects.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved