ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to cut out man with out rotoscoping using keys

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evan halleckIs there a way to cut out man with out rotoscoping using keys
by on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:01:35 pm

Hello guys I am pretty new to after effects so please don't tear me apart. I have an interview shot where I added a blue shape layer in the left thirds where I will be putting text and bulletins. I want to know if there is an easy solution to making the guys shoulder go over the blue shape that I have with out rotoscoping? I have tried keying things but I am not sure exactly how to go about this. Here is 2 images to help you one with the effects one raw. Thanks !

screenshot2014-01-22at1.56.07pm.png

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Is there a way to cut out man with out rotoscoping using keys
by on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:53:09 pm

If you can get a clean key of the man against his white background, you could use that matte as a track matte for the layer with the blue shape. As far as the key goes, you only really have to worry about the part where his shoulder in underneath the blue shape. The rest can be handled with a garbage matte. There are scads of tutorials here and elsewhere on using these techniques.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

evan halleckRe: Is there a way to cut out man with out rotoscoping using keys
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 3:57:45 am

Thank You!!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Is there a way to cut out man with out rotoscoping using keys
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:46:32 am

What Steve is alluding to is to extract a matte using one of the color channels in the original footage.

Other worthwhile options are AE's Rotobrush and perhaps even Autotrace.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]