ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to render 5K from Media Encoder?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian ChengHow to render 5K from Media Encoder?
by on Jan 20, 2014 at 7:15:09 pm
Last Edited By Brian Cheng on Jan 20, 2014 at 7:21:19 pm

I am making a stop motion video.
So I put my pictures in AE, and rendered it out into a video file with a size of 5184 x 2912. But when I put the video inside ME, it shrinks the video size to 4096 x 2300. When I try to change the video size back to 5184 x 2912, it said, "Frame dimension not supported. Please check that both width/height values are within limits."
help~~~

$$

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How to render 5K from Media Encoder?
by on Jan 20, 2014 at 9:12:04 pm

What format and codec are you exporting to?

Also, why such a large output frame size? Where and how do you intend to use this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Brian ChengRe: How to render 5K from Media Encoder?
by on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:09:13 pm

H.264 mp4.
Not intending to do anything, just want to know what is the limit to my video.
Because I wish no quality is loosed for my video, and doesn't shrinking from 5K to 4K loss a lot of quality?

$$

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How to render 5K from Media Encoder?
by on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:22:59 pm

Adobe Media Encoder is enforcing the limits on H.264 video that are imposed by the MPEG-4 specification.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How to render 5K from Media Encoder?
by on Jan 21, 2014 at 1:24:58 am

[Brian Cheng] "H.264 mp4. Not intending to do anything, just want to know what is the limit to my video. Because I wish no quality is loosed for my video, and doesn't shrinking from 5K to 4K loss a lot of quality?"

H.264 is intended to be used as a distribution format (for final playback), not as a mastering or mezzanine format.

Unless your display is beyond 4K, there's no practical reason to even try to keep that resolution for your H.264 output. If you're watching this on an HD monitor, you don't need any resolution higher than 1920x1080.

The highest resolution currently supported by the H.264 standard is 4096 x 2304; AME cannot go beyond that resolution and be compliant with the standard, and there is no guarantee that a non-compliant file would be playable.

H.265 includes support for 8K video, but 8K displays are still a while off.

You can keep all that glorious resolution in your master file for future-proofing, but you should plan on downscaling for distribution in 2014.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Robert EnglandRe: How to render 5K from Media Encoder?
by on Dec 27, 2015 at 3:59:09 am

One definite need for video in excess of 4096 is 3D Virtual reality, to display a 3D SBS 3840x2160 file as Top Bottom (which for now is the only way supported by Youtube VR) woud mean a file that is 1920x4320 going down to 1820x4096, That is a nightmare for a content creators like me... But h265 sounds Promising! I hope it shows up in media encoder! Here is a 3840x2160 3D SBS 360x180 VR video I made and want to (Have To) convert to Top/Bottom to get it to work as a 3D VR Video on Youtube.

Return to posts index

Tom SeftonRe: How to render 5K from Media Encoder?
by on Jan 21, 2014 at 12:01:35 pm

If you want to play back at higher than 4k resolution, you will need to cut your workspace into left/right/middle streams. These can be rendered out at up to 4k for each stream, then with synchronised solid state media players you can have ultra high resolutions playing back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]