ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

R3D Footage Artifacts and Dots

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hermie CabritoR3D Footage Artifacts and Dots
by on Jan 18, 2014 at 11:07:21 am

anybody here who has experienced this with R3D Footage? click to view the high resolution, it might be hard to see at this size...

the dots/artifacts are appearing mostly on the edges but some of it are just scattered... the funny thing is that we have been working with these files for some time now (4-5yrs) and we've only experienced it just now

a particular computer is experiencing it consistently while another is intermittent (on/off) and we can't seem to replicate it there BUT on the first computer where it is consistent, the other R3D footage are not showing any problems

so there, i can't seem to pin it, is it the unit, the vcard, the footage, the network? i don't know where to begin troubleshooting

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: R3D Footage Artifacts and Dots
by on Jan 18, 2014 at 6:33:38 pm

I don't have any R3D footage handy here at home to give you details but I'd start by trying some different debayer settings. I might also check the footage in other applications to see whether that has any impact (REDCINE-X maybe). If the problem only appears in AE then I'd take a closer look at the RAW options and project color settings.

Sorry I can't provide more specific help, I've never encountered this exact issue.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Hermie CabritoRe: R3D Footage Artifacts and Dots
by on Jan 19, 2014 at 2:33:25 am

i'll try to take a look again based on your suggestion, it's just really weird that nobody else is experiencing it and the fact that we've been working on the file for so long and we've only seen this now

thanks

Return to posts index

Hermie CabritoRe: R3D Footage Artifacts and Dots
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:58:11 am

now it's working and we don't have an idea what happened...

just when we were about to look into it closely by trying out your suggestions, it suddenly went away and we are not able to duplicate it anymore

well i guess that's a good thing... right?

(:heers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]