ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Importing titles from Premiere to After Effects (CS6)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan KnepperImporting titles from Premiere to After Effects (CS6)
by on Jan 17, 2014 at 11:11:07 pm

I was wondering if there's a way to import Premiere titles into After Effects so that they are editable text layers. I've searched all over, and I can't find anything on this...

Just to give you an idea of our workflow, we make a lot of videos set to music with lyrics appearing on screen. Doing this in After Effects is a bother, and so far since switching over to Premiere from Final Cut all we've been able to do is create the timing of the lyrics, import those "titles" into AE, and then recreate the text using the Premiere "black holes" as timing references. From Final Cut, you could lay out the lyrics and import them into After Effects seamlessly. It seems dumb to me that Adobe overlooked that feature.

If anyone can either let me know if it's possible or can offer a better solution that would fantastic! Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Importing titles from Premiere to After Effects (CS6)
by on Jan 18, 2014 at 11:29:17 am

Ae does not import Pr titles, as you noted. The Pr titler is a lot more complex than the FCP titler, so its output would be significantly harder to translate to Ae text layers, but it's a good feature request [link] nonetheless.

You might consider making a Pr sequence with your only titles and dynamically linking or rendering and importing that sequence into Ae.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved