ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text shadow levels AE - AVID MC7

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred MatthewsText shadow levels AE - AVID MC7
by on Jan 17, 2014 at 9:49:34 pm

I am exporting some video with a simple text layer that includes a drop shadow...nothing fancy. My issue is that when I import the clip into my Avid the shadow on the text is coming in at "0" on my waveform when I need it at 7.5.

I can get everything else to 7.5 with the Levels effect but that doesn't work with my text if there is a shadow. I can easily put a color effect on it within AVID but I would prefer to eliminate the need by fixing my export/import settings.

Exporting as a Quicktime and importing as 601.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Text shadow levels AE - AVID MC7
by on Jan 18, 2014 at 12:11:55 am

When you make something that's all-black in AE, then import into Avid, does it also read as 0 instead of 7.5?

If yes, raise the lack level of the shadows in AE: 16/16/16 (RGB, 8-bit) for black ought to get you to 7.5.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Fred MatthewsRe: Text shadow levels AE - AVID MC7
by on Jan 21, 2014 at 8:56:48 pm

How do I change the black levels on the shadows themselves? I have levels on the text but if there is a way to adjust the levels on the shadows I am unaware of that.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Text shadow levels AE - AVID MC7
by on Jan 18, 2014 at 2:01:30 pm

Import as RGB and it will come in correctly.

Or, go to your project settings, change the working space to HDTV(REC. 709) 16-235 and check Linearize Working Space and import as 601-701.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved