ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Refresh EXR channels?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack GibbonsRefresh EXR channels?
by on Jan 17, 2014 at 9:04:13 pm
Last Edited By Jack Gibbons on Jan 17, 2014 at 10:33:55 pm

Hi Eveyone, first post here.

If I add a new render pass in my 3d app, then reload footage in AE, the new channel doesn't show up. I'd hate to have to redo my composition. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Refresh EXR channels?
by on Jan 18, 2014 at 6:04:16 am

Have you tried removing and re-applying the EXtractoR effect on the footage in your composition after reloading it?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Jack GibbonsRe: Refresh EXR channels?
by on Jan 18, 2014 at 7:48:53 pm

Hey, Darby, thanks for the reply.
I'm using File>Create ProEXR Layer Comps. I'm under the impression this does the same thing as the Extrator but for all the channels at the same time?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2014 at 3:22:05 am

[Jack Gibbons] "I'm using File>Create ProEXR Layer Comps. I'm under the impression this does the same thing as the Extrator but for all the channels at the same time?"

So you reload the EXR sequence and then use Create ProEXR Layer Comps on the reloaded sequence but don't get all of the compositions you were expecting? Hrmmm, maybe try using Replace Footage on the sequence instead?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2014 at 4:10:24 pm

No. I import my exr, file > create proEXR layer comps, add some of the layers to my composition, then add a new channel to my exr in my 3d rendering app. I'm trying to figure out how get that new channel to show up in my layer comps without having to redo file>create proEXR layer comps, this creates the proper channels, but creates a duplicate of my layer comps, which doesn't update my compositions.

Just to be clear: reload footage works, but it doesn't add the new channels to the layer comps. File > create proEXR layer comps creates a new footage for all the channels, none of which are in my composition.

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2014 at 8:00:03 pm

I'm not sure that After Effects gives plug-ins enough access to be able to see that you're reloading an EXR and then take an action (make new comps, update comps, add layers, add effects) based on that. It doesn't surprise me that your description is the way it works, it's what I'd expect (although it's not ideal).

If you only have one or two new channels then I'd recommend duplicating one of the source comps for the new channels and simply modifying the EXtractoR effect settings in the new comps.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

by on Jan 20, 2014 at 3:17:18 pm

Alright, thanks for help, Darby.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]