ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking in Mocha AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kimberly GehrtMotion Tracking in Mocha AE
by on Jan 17, 2014 at 7:11:29 pm

Hey there.
I am fairly new to motion tracking and have run into a bit of a problem while editing a project. I am creating a project that is similar to the Apple iPod Silhouette commercials, ear buds and all. I know that in the Apple commercial, they actually drew in the ear buds, but I am trying to motion track using the green screen footage that I have and hopefully use the ear buds that I made in Cinema 4D.
Anyway, because I am new to motion tracking, I would like to know the best way to track someone with an ear bud in their ear, with the cord dangling. The problem that I've been running into is when I try to track the ear of one of the people in the video, when their head turns, it loses the tracking. Any ideas on how to make my project work?

Thank you!

Kimberly Gehrt

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Motion Tracking in Mocha AE
by on Jan 18, 2014 at 1:06:12 am

It's likely that the tracking engine doesn't have sufficient data (pixels/planar surface) to conduct the track successfully if the ear bud is a small piece.

You can try to add additional tracking splines, one for the side of the face and another for the ear as long as these are co-planar with the ear bud.

You will also want to ensure that you increase the Minimum % of Pixels Used to a sufficiently high value - 90% and above is what you want.

AE MoGraph Intensity Workshop - Promo Video

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved