ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to continue rendering after a computer crash?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ayo Ub
How to continue rendering after a computer crash?
on Jan 15, 2014 at 2:18:40 pm

I was rendering a big project on after effects and after 5hours of rendering my computer crashed, so I want to know how if it is possible to continue rendering at the place that I ended last time and how

I was rendering in .AVI file using after effects CC but I have cs6 in my computer.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
Re: How to continue rendering after a computer crash?
on Jan 15, 2014 at 3:17:53 pm

The short answer is no.

The long answer is also no, but continues with this: The file produced was not finished and therefore corrupt, and as far as I know, there is no way to recover what was in that file. However, if you are worried about your computer crashing, render out as a JPEG Sequence, in which case you can render out from the place it stopped.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: How to continue rendering after a computer crash?
on Jan 15, 2014 at 3:21:41 pm

This is vastly easier to do if you are rendering to an image sequence instead of a movie.

I'd try importing the AVI file into Ae. If it imports, scrub through to see how far through the render got and note its timecode address. Go back to your Ae comp, locate the next unrendered frame via timecode, and set you work area to begin there with the B key.

This will give you two AVI files that you can stitch together in either Ae or Pr.

Again, I'd consider rendering to an image sequence instead, especially if you think another crash is likely. You can always make an AVI out of the image sequence later.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]