ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Having a real problem with rendering, render queue, locks/freezes up and suddenly est. remain: 240 hrs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ariel J. Arnason
Having a real problem with rendering, render queue, locks/freezes up and suddenly est. remain: 240 hrs
on Jan 15, 2014 at 12:14:49 am

So I'm running a fairly brand new iMac with the i5 2.7 ghz intel core and 16 gb 1600 Mhz DDR3 memory, as well as a (small) SSD inside the box.

I'm running an updated CS6 version of After Effects.

This is the first time I run AE on this computer, although I have been using premiere without much problems.

At first I was just going to make a simple animation with some lights and 3d text flying all over the place. Left it to render overnight, came back and the est. remain had gone up to 240 hrs. (the clip was 20 second long).

So I did a bunch of tests, reduced everything down to the simplest animations, tried a couple of different formats, even the TIFF image exporting solution someone mentioned, as well as reinstalling, cleaning the computer etc. Nothing works, the render still "starts" with some hiccups, then freezes with a ridiculous est. remain time and nothing happens.
Trying to use the Adobe media encoder doesn't work either.

Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Having a real problem with rendering, render queue, locks/freezes up and suddenly est. remain: 240 hrs
on Jan 15, 2014 at 8:55:39 am

Give more details about your computer, including the GPU.

You're not trying to use the ray-traced 3D renderer, are you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]