ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Final Export workflow questions ->Premiere Pro CS5.5 -> After Effects -> Color Finesse -> Output

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan CallahanFinal Export workflow questions ->Premiere Pro CS5.5 -> After Effects -> Color Finesse -> Output
by on Jan 14, 2014 at 3:14:56 am

Hello all,

I've used Color Finesse in the past for some After Effects compositions and I'm ready to tackle my first video project where I'm using Color Finesse for all of the color correction.

So far with my project, I've edited in Premiere Pro, then imported that project into After Effects (using the PP project import menu option) and begun applying Color Finesse to clips in the composition timeline. The transitions that I've applied to my project in premiere project are present in my AE comps.

My question has to do with the final output of my project, my transitions from Premiere are present (by name) in my After Effects comp, but when I go to playback the project in AE, the transitions are not applied to the rendered video. So my question is this: when I am ready to export my final project, if I export through After Effects, will my transitions from premiere be applied to the final output? Or is there a workflow step that I'm missing in order to bring the Color Finesse data back into Premiere for final output? I've watched several tutorials and none of them seem to cover the final steps for outputting a project if you have color corrected using Color Finesse.

Thanks in advance. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Final Export workflow questions ->Premiere Pro CS5.5 -> After Effects -> Color Finesse -> Output
by on Jan 14, 2014 at 11:49:18 am

The workflow I use is to create AE comp from Premiere, apply color correction, render clip from AE, replace comp in Premiere with the imported clip and do final render from Premiere. You can also apply the color correction and return to Premiere and render the final from there- it will take longer to preview the final edit before final render.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Dan CallahanRe: Final Export workflow questions ->Premiere Pro CS5.5 -> After Effects -> Color Finesse -> Output
by on Jan 16, 2014 at 9:29:51 pm

Right, I have used that workflow in the past but my question has to do with the workflow for importing a project file from Premiere and doing the final export in After Effects. Will my Premiere applied effects and transitions show up in the final output from After Effects? They are present in the timeline but playback on the monitor does not have them showing up. Or do i need to somehow reimport the corrected project file back into Premiere so that my modifications in Color Finesse are applied in the final export? I'm just curious about the workflow for this method, I think I'm missing a step.

Return to posts index

Dan CallahanRe: Final Export workflow questions ->Premiere Pro CS5.5 -> After Effects -> Color Finesse -> Output
by on Jan 16, 2014 at 9:33:05 pm

Or are you saying that importing a project file into After Effects essentially functions the same as a dynamically linked clip, provided you save in AE before previewing in Premiere?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 16, 2014 at 9:55:42 pm

The only reason I ask is because I'm correcting a music video and individually converting each take to an AE comp will literally take hours.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 17, 2014 at 12:04:11 am

Figured out my own problem. Importing a premiere project to after effects transfers over everything except for dissolves. My work around is to convert each solid section of clips to ae comps and extend out the beginning and end of the start/end clips so that the number of extended frames in the comp matches the number of frames needed for the dissolves.

Not exactly the work around I was hoping for, but it works.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Final Export workflow questions ->Premiere Pro CS5.5 -> After Effects -> Color Finesse -> Output
by on Jan 17, 2014 at 8:05:11 am

Yep- that's why the other way around is better. Or you can use Speedgrade.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]