ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

If you want a faster After Effects....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Crowell
If you want a faster After Effects....
on Jan 13, 2014 at 5:31:59 pm

Please add your voice here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/01/happy-new-year-and-a-question.h...

Editor, Producer, DP
JustinCrowell.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: If you want a faster After Effects....
on Jan 13, 2014 at 6:03:31 pm

Also add your voice if you disagree, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Justin Crowell
on Jan 13, 2014 at 8:47:40 pm

Todd...do you have any insight into the degree of surprise that this may be causing on the team? I'm pretty shocked at how many people seem to be voting full on for speed!

Editor, Producer, DP
JustinCrowell.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 14, 2014 at 12:15:35 am

It's what we expected, though a few folks are surprised by the magnitude of the imbalance in the responses---nigh unanimous as opposed to merely a clear majority.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Jan 14, 2014 at 1:52:42 am
Last Edited By Brian Charles on Jan 14, 2014 at 2:58:05 am

[Todd Kopriva] "nigh unanimous as opposed to merely a clear majority"

How representative is the sample? What level/type of use and experience does it represent? What are their real expectations? Are they currently using workstations or basic laptops? What sort of cpu, disk, gpu and ram would be required for these proposed speed gains?

I'd be concerned that the poll is not an accurate representation of the market. I'm also concerned that the question is freighted to evoke a particular response. As a few have asked, what are the alternatives to more speed?

I'm rendering on a 12 core / 24 thread, 64GB machine, make MP work better and I'd be pleased but most of my renders are done in under 30 minutes, and many are done in 3 or 4 minutes. Speed isn't the only criteria I use to evaluate software. Stability, feature set, integration with other (and competing) applications, ease of use, cost, etc are factors that I would weigh before answering the question.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 14, 2014 at 1:58:03 am

Don't worry, Brian. This post was intended to start a conversation, not to be the single source of data for a decision.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Brad Bussé
on Jan 14, 2014 at 9:30:04 am

Thank you for opening this discussion, Adobe. I have shared my personal opinion on the matter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]