ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Slow Frame Rate of Brush Strokes in AE....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adad WardaSlow Frame Rate of Brush Strokes in AE....
by on Jan 13, 2014 at 12:57:17 am

Hi I have a hard deadline on a client based project and I would like to know how to slow down the brush strokes effect in after effects without using posterize time effect because I would still like to preserve fluid, 24p motion of the camera and the objects. However although I want full smooth motion of all animated object I would like the brush strokes effect to act as if it's running at only 12 frames per second. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Adad

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Slow Frame Rate of Brush Strokes in AE....
by on Jan 13, 2014 at 1:25:07 am

Precompose the brush strokes layer(s) and set the lower frame rate for the new nested composition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Adad WardaRe: Slow Frame Rate of Brush Strokes in AE....
by on Jan 13, 2014 at 1:39:08 am

Thank you for the reply Todd!

2 things: 1, I have a lot of individual text files that are animating in 3D space and if I precompose them, they will lose their attributes and I would have to reworks their intricate animations from scratch. 2. I also want the movement of layers within comps to playback at 24p, but only their scribble, brushstrokes texture to playback at 12fps.

Adad

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Slow Frame Rate of Brush Strokes in AE....
by on Jan 13, 2014 at 3:11:12 pm

This is where pre-planning comes in handy. However, if you created keyframes every 2 frames on the effect you want to stutter and copy and paste them a frame later, it should give you that effect. I know it isn't the best solution, but it should work.

I would still think there is a way you could use pre-comps. You could duplicate the comp(s) with the animation in it, precompose whatever you need to and get all those set up, then copy the animation keyframes from the original comp(s).

Return to posts index

Adad WardaRe: Slow Frame Rate of Brush Strokes in AE....
by on Jan 21, 2014 at 5:10:06 am

Sorry for the late reply Chris, and thanks again for your suggestions and advice! I ended up creating the keyframes for the turbulent displacement filter. Unfortunately the brushstrokes filter isn't susceptible to keyframe manipulation. Therefore the only way to slow the frame rate down is to use posterize time or change the frame rate of the comp. So what I did was I created 2 duplicate layers, The first one with turbulent displacement keyframed to animate slower, and the second layer with brush strokes applied and posterize time enabled. This meant a 1-2 frame lag between the two layers, creating a faint ghosting, however in this case it helped the sketch look. Not a perfect fix but the best option I could find.

Adad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]