ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Large Resolution Render Error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan KehnLarge Resolution Render Error
by on Jan 11, 2014 at 6:48:42 pm

Hey All,

working on some animations for a client for their in venue ribbon boards (long LED boards). The resolution is 16960x48. We've done renders that are twice that long in prores and animation codecs with no issue, however, for some reason, on these renders, After Effects is just rendering out Black. Not intermittently, just a completely black frame. When rendering a still frame in JPEG or Targa etc. everything renders fine.

Now the troubleshooting...

I've tried changing the render output in the render settings to half the horizontal resolution, maintaining the 48 high, and that works (quicktime still stretches the video to full width on display). Tried 75% width, that works fine. but unaltered still turns out black.

I've tried rebuilding the comps from scratch in a new dice. Tried copying the project off of our SAN to my local dice.

No 3rd party plugins being used (no plugins at all actually). Just existing prores clips, illustrator files and solids.

Have tried trashing prefs, restarting dice.

Running CS6 on a 12-core MacPro, 48GB RAM with a hybrid graphics setup (one Quadro 4000 and an ATI5870). Files are saved/stored/rendered on/to Promise Storage managed by XSan over 4GB Fibre.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am officially stumped!

Ryan Kehn
Senior Editor/Designer
Van Wagner Big Screen Network

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Large Resolution Render Error
by on Jan 12, 2014 at 4:52:33 am

It's like that this is an (1) AE-to-QuickTime or (2) a QuickTime issue. Have you tried rendering to AVI in AE or use another application to compile the image sequence into an mov?

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Large Resolution Render Error
by on Jan 13, 2014 at 6:28:34 pm

There isn't a good indication of the delivery specs here. What does the client want?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved