ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio Problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay logronoAudio Problems
by on Jan 10, 2014 at 8:36:45 am

Hello!
Im new to the After Effects world but I seem to be catching on quickly. The one thing however that I can't quite understand is How or Why my audio is speeding up Automatically when I import it into a composition??

Im not time bending it or anything.
The files are use are Wav. and Aiff , i was advised not to use mp3's

I keep watching videos on YouTube of people just simply placing their audio in their compositions and it plays back perfectly!!

Can someone help me understand this?

O and heres some basic info...
Windows 7
AE version CS5.5
using Wav files

Thank you
- Jaime

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Audio Problems
by on Jan 10, 2014 at 3:24:26 pm

Without some more information, it's impossible to tell what the actual problem is. Generally most problems in AE are solved by trying things until you figure out what is causing the problem. Here are some things I would suggest trying. Right click on your files in the Project window and look at your Interpret Footage settings. I don't know anything for .wav files that might be messed up there, but just try it. Also try changing your comp frame rate. Maybe try creating a new comp with one of your audio files and see what kind of comp it makes(drag your file to the "create new comp" button, or right click on it and choose "New comp from selection").

As a side note (and maybe a solution if none of those work) you can use Mp3's in AE. I use them all the time and have no problems (used to be CS5.5, but now I use CS6). As far as I know there are no issues with it, AE pretty much accepts anything.

Return to posts index

jay logronoRe: Audio Problems
by on Jan 10, 2014 at 3:46:47 pm

Hey Chris,
Yes, changing the comp frame rate does change the tone and speed of the audio file....BUT WHY??

When I have the frame rate at 25 the audio plays perfect...problem is I have footage that needs to rendered at a higher frame rate!

I multiple video files....that need to be interpreted at different frame rates....is this why my audio is acting funny?

Also, what other sort of info do you need to really understand this problem???

Thanx Man
- Jaime

Return to posts index

by on Jan 10, 2014 at 5:00:21 pm

Audio isn't really my Forte, so I really don't know what you need to understand to solve this problem. I just put the same .wav file in two different comps with different frame rates and they both played fine. I'm not sure why yours are messing up like that.

A couple of things you might try. The simplest is to put your audio files in a comp with the correct frame rate, then put that comp in your main comp (I'm not sure if that will work since I can't test it because my audio works fine). That's more of a workaround, so you could re-transcode your audio into a .wav(or something else) because somehow a frame rate got included in your audio, even though I don't know if that's possible. If neither of those work, I would try asking your question in a different forum with more audio people. Maybe Audio Professionals.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 11, 2014 at 7:39:12 pm

So your telling me that changing the frame is NOT supposed to have any effect on the audio right???

If thats the case then something is seriously wrong with my Version of After effects!!!

Return to posts index

by on Jan 11, 2014 at 10:03:32 pm

I'm telling you that the framerate didn't affect my audio. There is some explanation, but I can't tell you what it is.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 12, 2014 at 3:05:22 am

Can you please help me figure it out?! I mean....where else am I supposed to go or turn to? Please dont tell me audio professionals cause its not the audio file thats messed up

I just downloaded CS6 ...i was previously using CS5.5 still I'm having the same problem

I read somewhere something about not having the right Codec? Could that possibly be the problem?

Please man...this video is a Kickstarter video...my whole project depends upon it.

I'll pay ya to help me figure this out

- Jaime

Return to posts index

by on Jan 12, 2014 at 3:39:53 am

Did you try re-teanscoding it to .wav? Did you try converting it to mp3? Did you try putting it into a precomp? what were your interpret footage options?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 12, 2014 at 4:05:27 am

Yes to retranscoding it to wav
yes I have the original Mp3 that also does the same thing
Yes I tried putting the audio in a separate comp with the correct frame rate

Heres a video of the problem :(

my email is logrono.jaime@yahoo.com

Dude i will pay u to help me! I need to get this fixed asap

Return to posts index

by on Jan 12, 2014 at 3:55:30 pm

Problem Solved.

You aren't actually changing the Composition frame rate, you are changing the RAM Preview playback speed. Go to Composition>Composition Settings, or press ctrl+k and change the frame rate in that dialog box. The frame rate that you are changing in the video is the how many frames the RAM Preview plays back per second.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]