ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Unique Chroma Key Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kai KloepferUnique Chroma Key Question
by on Jan 10, 2014 at 12:48:29 am

Fist post here, but I have been following Creative Cow for a number of years now and thought this would be a good place to ask for help.

I am trying to have someone sit on a chroma key background in some way. The character is a king, and we don't have the budget to actually buy a throne, so I would like to create one digitally. I'm just not sure how to do it.

The camera can thankfully be stationary for the shot so the background can be static. Do I need to create a throne shaped object out of my chroma key color and apply my design to the 3D surface? IF do how would I do that in AE?

Any input is helpful, I have done chroma key work before including pretty complex simultaneous camera and actor moment, just never with someone sitting. I don't even know what terms I would Google for to find more information about something like this.

Kai Kloepfer

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Unique Chroma Key Question
by on Jan 10, 2014 at 1:40:55 am

Kai -

Here are some things which will help you out - with a locked off shot, the only issue will be matching the scene to the king as far as lighting and camera angle:

Here's where that source material comes from - a full education on chroma keying:

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Kai KloepferRe: Unique Chroma Key Question
by on Jan 17, 2014 at 5:28:33 pm
Last Edited By Kai Kloepfer on Jan 17, 2014 at 7:51:44 pm

Thanks for that video, it really set me off on the right track.

Kai Kloepfer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved