ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Random Opacity Characters After Effects CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joao LaureanoRandom Opacity Characters After Effects CS6
by on Jan 9, 2014 at 1:44:01 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to recreate this motion on some text - where the characters would appear and form words in a random way to then again disappear in the same fashion.
The example is in this link at http://vimeo.com/channels/nicetype/6753187

Would you have any thoughts on how to achieve it? Most expressions I have found weren't really able to deliver the effect as in the example here, so I was thinking maybe there is an easier way to recreate that.

Any advise is highly appreciated,

Thanks

Joao

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Random Opacity Characters After Effects CS6
by on Jan 9, 2014 at 2:20:59 pm

You need to add an opacity text animator to to your text. Create your text, and twirl open the properties, click the "animate" pulldown and choose opacity. Change the opacity to 0. Twirl open the advanced properties, and change the mode to "Subtract" and randomize order to "On" Twirl open the Range Selector. Animate the "End" selector from 0 to 100%.

You can find a ton of great info on Text Animators in After Effects basics tutorials by Andrew Devis

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Joao LaureanoRe: Random Opacity Characters After Effects CS6
by on Jan 9, 2014 at 3:33:55 pm

Thanks for your prompt feedback John, that did the trick! Will definitely look into Andrew's tutorials as well,

Cheers

Joao

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Random Opacity Characters After Effects CS6
by on Jan 9, 2014 at 4:51:20 pm

Glad I could help. Definitely, check out the stuff on text animators, they are really powerful and you can create some awesome animations with them. Also, if you check look on the Menu Bar > Animation > Browse Presets and click the Text folder, you can browse through the presets that Adobe ships with AE.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]