ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Inverse Kinematic Staccato problem?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald HapemanInverse Kinematic Staccato problem?
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 8:36:40 pm

I guess that's the best way to describe it... and actually, I know it's a very ease fix, but just getting back into animation and I've forgotten.

When using the Duik tools for IK animation of my character's leg, when I move it to position it, it's very staccato, choppy and not fluid at all and doesn't keep up with me on screen. I know it's just a click away to change something to get away from that choppy movement, but how do I do that again??! I tried bezier, etc, but can't for the life of me...!?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Inverse Kinematic Staccato problem?
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 10:10:00 pm

It it a speed problem, or a sudden start-stop problem?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gerald HapemanRe: Inverse Kinematic Staccato problem?
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 10:29:11 pm

Well... I have the three pins to nulls... and then when you just want to simply move the main controller, which would be the foot to watch the whole leg move - no animation yet, just to experiment and watch the leg move correctly, etc, instead of it just moving around gracefully, fluidly, easily as it should, it's more jagged, stuttering in it's movement which limits the positioning, almost like it's fighting me to move. I have had this problem before long time ago, but I just can't figure out the simple thing to turn on or off...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Inverse Kinematic Staccato problem?
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 11:53:23 pm

The Live Update Switch is toggled off, perhaps?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gerald HapemanRe: Inverse Kinematic Staccato problem?
by on Jan 9, 2014 at 12:55:06 am

YES!!! That's it. And as mentioned... I'm stupid. I just couldn't remember what or where that thingamabob is/was! Many thanks...

Perhaps I should give up this desire to animate or art itself. I can't even remember the basics...

Thank you for always helping Dave... I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]