ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Interlace progressive footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay LloydInterlace progressive footage
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 10:12:56 pm

Hi all

I just finished a project and now need to deliver to some TV stations. I am not sure what is the right way to interlace progressive footage.

The project was shot with Alexa in ProRes, then edited in Premiere Pro and finished in After Effects CS6.
One of the TV stations is asking for interlaced ProRes HQ in HD at 25fps. Another one is asking for interlaced H264 MOV/MP4 in HD at 25fps.

I've been searching online for a bit(including the creative cow archive). It seems like I need to double the frame rate to 50fps and then interlace it. So what I've done now is that I dropped my 25fps comp in a 50fps comp, AE doubled the frame rate by repeating every frame in the timeline. Then I rendered it out interlace upper field first.

Is this the right way to interlace progressive footage?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Interlace progressive footage
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 10:17:07 pm

Easy: just render out your comp with the proper field order. That's all you have to do. It will still look like progressive-scan footage, but it will have fields.

Some inexpensive video cameras record a frame of progressive scan video over two fields. It's no big deal. You should be fine.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved