ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Advice on tecniques to use for a special scene in a comercial

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josefin SandbergAdvice on tecniques to use for a special scene in a comercial
by on Jan 6, 2014 at 12:38:16 pm

Hi! I just started working on a new comercial where I have a scene that I'm not sure the best way to make it look good and natural. I need to brainstorm it with other people in the film/comercial business! I work on a small TV-station and therefore I most of the time work alone with my projects. The film is with real actors (not animated). In the scene a girl and her parents are looking at special, traditional norwegian dresses on an iPad. You see the iPad screen and when she presses "order", there is this tailor that from being on the internet page on the iPad suddenly moves out of the iPad and into the living room. Either jumping out, or taking a step out. Whatever looks best. He then starts measuring the girl. There is a risk that this scene will look cheesy, but it could also be fun. There are ofcourse other scenes before this and also after.

Is the best way to just film the tailor towards a green screen when he jumps? And then scale him down and put him on the iPad screen on the filmed material? When he moves out I just scale him up again. How will I make it look natural, like he really is in the iPad and not just an object placed upon? Any advice anyone? Any ideas? :)

One solution is also to film the iPad from behind (seeing the girl and her parents faces watching the screen) before he jumps out of the picture. Then we don't have to try to fit him in on the webpage and can just se him coming up from the iPad.

I appreciate all ideas and advices. Thankyou.

Return to posts index

Doyle LewisRe: Advice on tecniques to use for a special scene in a comercial
by on Jan 6, 2014 at 7:10:19 pm

I don't know if I would do an effect at all. I think i would go WS of family with iPad. cut to CU of iPad, push "order" and then the picture of the guy on the webpage disappears. Cut to MCU of girl and father (or mother) looking at each other confused about where the man had gone, hand with tape measure pushes into frame next to the girls head. cut to WS of family still holding iPad except now the man from the webpage is in the room measuring the girls height. Family maybe started by his abrupt appearance.

I like this better than him leaping out of the ipad for a couple reasons. For one it is simpler, and I believe that it dramatically reveals his appearance as opposed to actually watching him step out. This is just how I would do it. Hope that helps.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

Return to posts index

Josefin SandbergRe: Advice on tecniques to use for a special scene in a comercial
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 9:38:01 am

Thankyou for your opinion. Good idea! I will consider it! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved