ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

error in background rendering per error log... ok?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Aldridgeerror in background rendering per error log... ok?
by on Jan 5, 2014 at 6:28:02 pm

The error message in the error log file says

There is an error in background rendering so switching to foreground rendering after 240 frames completed out of total 300 frames. (26 :: 142)....

then goes on to say

After Effects warning: A frame failed to render while using Render Multiple frames simultaneously. Allocating more memory to the background processes in memory and multiprocessing preferences may fix this problem.... then says it finished the composition

the question is... is the render good? Did AE render the "failed frame" in foreground mode successfully, or did it fail the frame and render the rest of the frames in foreground mode.

I could re-render, but 5 hours plus... would rather not if possible

CC complete plan. I7 2600 16g ram SSD GTX 460

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: error in background rendering per error log... ok?
by on Jan 5, 2014 at 6:44:51 pm

Does it look good to you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David AldridgeRe: error in background rendering per error log... ok?
by on Jan 5, 2014 at 6:58:42 pm

yes - the files appear to preview OK, but it is supposedly just 1 frame and maybe I can't see it glitch as it goes by... and I don't want a glitch in the DVD menu transitions to show up later after I have authored in Encore if the glitch freezes during playback or something while playing the final DVD

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: error in background rendering per error log... ok?
by on Jan 5, 2014 at 8:45:03 pm

To inspect the render you could import it into After Effects and drop it on the 'new composition' icon in the Projects panel.

Then go to the frame indicated in the error message, using the page up/down keys to move forward and backwards around the suspect frame.

If it is corrupted then just render out that portion of the comp by restricting the work area and edit the two renders together. That should save you 5+ hours rendering.

Return to posts index

David AldridgeRe: error in background rendering per error log... ok?
by on Jan 5, 2014 at 9:35:14 pm

Awesome.... I don't see any frame errors, I am going to assume the Renders are solid ok. thx.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]