ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Chage frame rate of video without affecting time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel MontesChage frame rate of video without affecting time
by on Jan 3, 2014 at 12:22:07 pm

Hello all:
I want to recreate a mobile recorded video so I want to reduce the frame rate from 24 to about 20 or 18 fps. The problem is that if I use "interpret footage", the video time becomes larger and it goes out of sync with the audio. I just want after effect to drop frames, not reinterpret the video, for an effect like a glitch or similar.

Return to posts index

Doyle LewisRe: Chage frame rate of video without affecting time
by on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:41:54 pm

Hey Manuel,

This (link below) is not a perfect solution due to the fact that you don't have 100% accurate control of what frames are dropped and such but I think it is probably the best compromise between simplicity and accurate results. It is easy because the plug in does all the heavy lifting for you and then you just have to tune your results a bit till you get a good result.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/fps.php

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Manuel MontesRe: Chage frame rate of video without affecting time
by on Jan 3, 2014 at 4:02:25 pm

It doesn't give me te look that I want, but anyways is a good effect, I will have it in mind for future projects!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Chage frame rate of video without affecting time
by on Jan 3, 2014 at 5:04:39 pm

[Manuel Montes] "I want to recreate a mobile recorded video so I want to reduce the frame rate from 24 to about 20 or 18 fps. The problem is that if I use "interpret footage", the video time becomes larger and it goes out of sync with the audio. I just want after effect to drop frames, not reinterpret the video, for an effect like a glitch or similar."

Use the Posterize Time effect.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jan 3, 2014 at 5:09:48 pm

That's exactly what I was looking for and much more easier. Thanks you so much!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Chage frame rate of video without affecting time
by on Jan 5, 2014 at 7:40:33 am

A better solution is to nest the composition in a new composition and set the frame rate of the new, containing composition to be whatever frame rate you like.

This is faster to render than the Posterize Time effect, since the effect still needs to process the full number of frames in the composition at the higher frame rate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Chage frame rate of video without affecting time
by on Jan 5, 2014 at 11:29:35 am

[Todd Kopriva] "A better solution is to nest the composition in a new composition and set the frame rate of the new, containing composition to be whatever frame rate you like."

You would also then need turn the comp's "Preserve frame rate when nested or in render queue" setting on in its Composition Settings > Advanced, right?

[Todd Kopriva] "This is faster to render than the Posterize Time effect, since the effect still needs to process the full number of frames in the composition at the higher frame rate."

Clever!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jan 5, 2014 at 11:31:01 am
Last Edited By Manuel Montes on Jan 5, 2014 at 1:17:42 pm

At this time I alright have the "look" that I want, but anyways I'll try this and compare the results. Thanks you so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]