ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Deprecated formats?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isabella Miskovic
Deprecated formats?
on Jan 2, 2014 at 8:39:54 am

Hi everyone, this is my first post here altho i am following you from a long time ago.

I am doing some renders at 2880x1080 resolution. When i try to render this as "Format:Quicktime" with "Format Options-Video Codec:H264" i get mismatch error (yellow triangle) saying it can go to max 2000x1080. So what i did was making proportional comp (in this case 2000x750) and render it that way so it fits to 2880x1080 scaled.

But when i enable "Deprecated formats" and choose H264 as format and render it like this it doesn't show mismatch error and i am able to have H264 file of size 2880x1080.

Someone please help me understand what is going on here and why do i have mismatch error in first case? I thought "Deprecated formats" shouldn't be enabled (they aren't by default) because it is the "old way" how codecs worked.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Deprecated formats?
on Jan 2, 2014 at 11:31:48 am

[Isabella Miskovic] "why do i have mismatch error in first case?"

Because the Quicktime H264 is pretty outdated. You can send the composition to AME (at least in AE CC) and use the newer H264 codec (not the Quicktime version) there.

Return to posts index

Isabella Miskovic
on Jan 2, 2014 at 12:18:57 pm

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 3, 2014 at 7:27:24 am

Personally I would render out an uncompressed master file and made compressed versions out of that.

Return to posts index

Isabella Miskovic
on Jan 3, 2014 at 9:14:42 am

The thing i was confused is "Deprecated formats" as i thought it is something old and deprecated (hence it was turned off by default in CC). But it is totally different i guess and should be used.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]