ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to create multi-colored energy/cartoon waves (bands) emanating from a person's sillhouette??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick LloydHow to create multi-colored energy/cartoon waves (bands) emanating from a person's sillhouette??
by on Jan 1, 2014 at 9:38:31 pm

Hello! I'm new here and definitely an AE novice, though I'm fascinated by it and am always looking to learn new things. I am going through tutorials constantly and can usually figure out how to do something that way, but I haven't had a lot of luck with my current quest.

I have some greenscreen footage of a singer performing, and I have the green keyed out.. I want to make multicolored waves (or bands) emanate from the around the singer. It would be cool if they were cartoonish looking (I do have Toonit if that will help), but energy beams, rays, etc. would all be great too. I get the idea that I need to auto trace my footage to get a working mask, but from there, how would I go about getting waves to emanate from it? Should I be working with the radio waves effect?

My apologies if this one is asked a lot.. Any info much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Nick

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: How to create multi-colored energy/cartoon waves (bands) emanating from a person's sillhouette??
by on Jan 2, 2014 at 4:21:11 pm

This might help:

http://after-effects.wonderhowto.com/how-to/create-animated-cartoon-arrows-...

If that's not what you're looking for, try to provide an example for better direction.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

Nick LloydRe: How to create multi-colored energy/cartoon waves (bands) emanating from a person's sillhouette??
by on Jan 5, 2014 at 4:01:52 am

Hi there, and thanks for your response. That is a cool effect but not exactly what I'm looking for.. And wouldn't you know it, I'm having trouble finding any clips to demonstrate this effect.

What I'm envisioning is basically a segmented (multicolored) stroke which emanates outward from the silhouette of my subject. Does that make sense?

I'll keep looking for any videos I can find that show this.

Return to posts index

Nick LloydRe: How to create multi-colored energy/cartoon waves (bands) emanating from a person's sillhouette??
by on Jan 10, 2014 at 2:25:39 am

Okay, I found a video that shows an example of what I need to do..

(<-- Right around the 0:46 mark.)

The stroke emanating/animating outward from the singer. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Nick

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: How to create multi-colored energy/cartoon waves (bands) emanating from a person's sillhouette??
by on Jan 10, 2014 at 3:42:48 am

Ya, so a lot of that is done by hand.

One of the easy ones to achieve would be the one in which it takes his outline and blasts it outwards.

Since you already have your footage keyed, you could use the autotrace and create a stroke around that path. Then just scale it up until it leaves the frame.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]