ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

I Am Number Four End Credits

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Em MaldenI Am Number Four End Credits
by on Dec 30, 2013 at 4:58:26 pm

Hello creative cows -

The film I Am Number Four recently aired on UK TV - I didn't watch it. But I came in as the end credits were rolling and I loved the way they were done, where each letter emerges and disappears from the shape of a circle. I feel like this should be a relatively straightforward after effects composition, but I can't work out how it's done. I've done a fair bit of basic/intermediate after effectsing in my time, although nothing fancy. but just wondering if anyone could shed any light on how this is done?
There should be a video attached if I've worked out who to attached it... (filmed on my phone so excuse the crummyness of it).

Thanks all,

I Am Number Four End Credits

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: I Am Number Four End Credits
by on Dec 30, 2013 at 9:33:46 pm

If I were to do this, I would start with Text Layers and convert them to Shape Layers. With Shape Layers, I can morph between shapes to create the character transitions. Some planning is of course required to ascertain which shape morphs etc.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: I Am Number Four End Credits
by on Dec 30, 2013 at 10:29:40 pm

You could also use Text Anarchy, from Red Giant Software - it allows you to transition between two different typeface, with quite a bit of randomization control. You would choose a Dingbat typeface to start out, which would have the circle symbol, and then transition it to the typeface of your choice:

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved