ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Option drag a folder on mavericks broken?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret WilliamsOption drag a folder on mavericks broken?
by on Dec 27, 2013 at 7:04:59 pm

After the update to Mavericks 10.9.1 and AE 1CC 7.2 I can no longer option+drag a folder of media to the project window. Nothing happens. Anyone else seeing this or am I the only person that likes to drag and drop vs. using the import window? Still works via import and selecting a folder.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Option drag a folder on mavericks broken?
by on Dec 27, 2013 at 8:24:09 pm

7.2? I think that you mean 12.2.

Yes, it's a bug, and we're working on a fix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Option drag a folder on mavericks broken?
by on Dec 27, 2013 at 8:35:11 pm

Yes. AE 12.2. Or CC - well, you don't have numbers for that now. So a year ago it would have been AE CS6.x, and now it's AE CC 7.x? Or AE 12.2. Kind of a mess. But yes, the individual AE number is 12.2.

Even stranger, can someone explain to me how I was using Media Composer 6 in 1996 and now they're on Media Composer 7. Why did they start over with the numbers in 2003?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Option drag a folder on mavericks broken?
by on Dec 27, 2013 at 8:51:19 pm

[Bret Williams] "Yes. AE 12.2. Or CC - well, you don't have numbers for that now. So a year ago it would have been AE CS6.x, and now it's AE CC 7.x? Or AE 12.2. Kind of a mess. But yes, the individual AE number is 12.2. Even stranger, can someone explain to me how I was using Media Composer 6 in 1996 and now they're on Media Composer 7. Why did they start over with the numbers in 2003?"

Ae has always had version numbers independent of the suite number -- and like MC, it can get confusing talking about AE v5 (2001) and AE CS5 (v10, 2011).

Personally, I like how Microsoft and Autodesk number their software releases by year -- but even then, I can still get confused by their automobile manufacturer date scheme (where 2014 gets released in 2013).

Maybe the bottom line is that I'm just easily confused :)

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Option drag a folder on mavericks broken?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 7:56:40 pm

This bug has been fixed in the After Effects CC (12.2.1) bug-fix update:
http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1221

Note the part at the end of that page about a crucial update for the Creative Cloud desktop application, which addresses some severe problems with AME, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]