ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Plexus - Different Layers with sprites

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anifsa vladimirPlexus - Different Layers with sprites
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 5:02:22 am

There was a post replied to a while back that had this video linked to it.
The question was how to get multiple layers or images to work with plexus point sprites..

The answer was "x was easier.."

I don't care about how easy it is, however. I need to know how to do it with plexus, similar to the video.
I am going to also be doing this with just text layers sometimes, if that helps.

I've have multiple responses from aescripts that say "watch the sprites tutorial.." but the sprites tutorial only covers 1 animated layer.. I need to know how to do it with a bunch of different text.
I need 1 text on 1 point, not 10 text on 1 point.

Thanks!

Video:
https://vimeo.com/40457999

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Plexus - Different Layers with sprites
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 9:55:39 am

You create a sprite comp. Make each image 1 frame in duration. Nest the sprite comp into your Plexus comp. That's it.

BTW, Plexus 2.0.8 was released yesterday - http://aescripts.com/plexus/

HTH
RoRK

Happy Holidays Everyone - http://www.broadcastGEMs.com/MediaServer01/ComeO_YeFaithful.mp3

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

anifsa vladimirRe: Plexus - Different Layers with sprites
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 11:22:48 pm

is there a way to get all of the text to appear at once? maybe im not understanding the sprite settings

Ive done everything and have text appearing, thank you, but i cant get all of it to appear..

I move the random seed and max no of samples and that gets different parts to appear but i cant get it all to appear.

set on random loop - normal

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Plexus - Different Layers with sprites
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 11:50:30 pm

[anifsa vladimir] "Ive done everything and have text appearing, thank you, but i cant get all of it to appear.."

That's a limitation of Plexus (and its sprite feature). You can't specifically dictate which comes first, second etc nor can you dictate which sprite appears where etc. Of course you can switch the timeline position of the sprites in the sprite precomp AFTER you have set things up so that you can more or less dictate the position and appearance of the sprites but it's a workaround and not something that is controllable within Plexus.

Your issue of not having all the sprites appear is one that is trickier, if not impossible, to solve. You can try massaging the sprite comp such that those that are not appearing occur more than once in the sprite precomp. This may or may not work as other sprites that now appear may not appear after the massaging.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]