ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using 3D rig missing iris diffraction

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Inserra
Using 3D rig missing iris diffraction
on Dec 24, 2013 at 1:41:59 am

Hi,
Using 3D rig and getting this message: 'After effects warning : Class "group" has no property or method named "IrisDiffractionFringe". Expression disabled.' Isn't Iris Diffraction built into AE and not a 3rd party plugin? It can't be that the expression is written incorrectly...it's a built in effect.
Any ideas how to solve this?
Thanks, L

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Using 3D rig missing iris diffraction
on Dec 24, 2013 at 2:16:35 am

What version of After Effects are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Lisa Inserra
on Dec 24, 2013 at 2:52:08 am

Hi, thanks for responding. I'm on CS6 Academic.
L

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Dec 24, 2013 at 3:00:10 am
Last Edited By Todd Kopriva on Dec 24, 2013 at 3:00:32 am

The irisDiffrationFringe expression property was added in After Effects CC (12.1):
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/09/after-effects-cc-12-1-whats-new...

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Lisa Inserra
on Dec 24, 2013 at 9:16:28 pm

Hm. Why would I get an error then? The 3D rig effect came bundled with the original CS6 software as part of the install.
Thanks for any insight into what I see as an anomaly.
L

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Dec 25, 2013 at 12:40:40 am

> The 3D rig effect came bundled with the original CS6 software as part of the install.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'm not aware of us bundling any 3D rigs with After Effects CS6. Please tell me exactly what steps you're taking so that I can have a better idea what you're talking about.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Lisa Inserra
on Dec 25, 2013 at 8:23:09 am

Thanks again Todd. Perhaps bundled is the wrong word. It's an effect on a camera layer. > Make all layers 3D > add a camera > right click on the camera layer (or go to layers > Camera) choose Create Stereo 3D rig.
Oddly enough, I had an Adobe pop-up that came today asking me to download updates. I did. The iris diffraction error message is gone and the 3D effect is looking better, but only with the Balanced Red Blue LR setting in the 3D glasses effect, which strips the color out of the image. When using Balanced Colored Red Blue option I keep the color but all I see is ghosting and a very confusing image. If I try to remove the ghosting by using a different setting in Stereo Scene Depth or Scene Convergence, I lose the 3D look altogether. The only way I get a 3D look is by using a 3D view that's uncolored.
My current scene depth setting is 3. Converge cameras is checked. Scene depth is 0. I'm using the cardboard red/blue(cyanish) glasses to view.
Suggestions? Thanks
L

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]