ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tire leaving a skid mark

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew BelinkieTire leaving a skid mark
by on Dec 23, 2013 at 9:50:20 pm

I have a car I've got rigged up in Element 3D. I want it to leave skid marks as it stops and starts. I could do this manually, creating a layer with the skids and animating it on as the car passes over it. But could there be a way to have the car actually "draw" the skid marks in AE? What I'm imagining is that a null attached to each tires draws a path, and a texture gets drawn along the path. In C4D I could do this with a tracer, but it would take like 5 minutes to render each frame.

Here's an image from C4D of the car doing a donut:

Any clever ideas? Might be a way to do something with Particular, rigging the speed of particle creation to the speed of the car, so it always leaves a solid line of skid.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Tire leaving a skid mark
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 10:04:36 am

You should be able to link a particle system's emitter/producer to the Nulls. Then tweak the emitter, gravity and particle settings.

HTH
RoRK

Happy Holidays Everyone - http://www.broadcastGEMs.com/MediaServer01/ComeO_YeFaithful.mp3

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Tire leaving a skid mark
by on Dec 26, 2013 at 4:09:44 am

You can copy a motion path into a paint stroke, too, though you may want to roughen the edges of the paint stroke layer to get the look that you're going for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

ellen osborneRe: Tire leaving a skid mark
by on May 21, 2014 at 6:47:42 pm

How do you copy a motion path into a paint stroke?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]