ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to resize a photo placeholder on a template?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bee
How to resize a photo placeholder on a template?
on Dec 20, 2013 at 12:57:35 am

I opened up a storybook photo album template in AE and it has more vertical sized photo placeholders than horizontal (wide). I need more
wide placeholders to fit in group shots, etc. I was wondering how i can resize the photo placeholders?

I know how to import/replace footage and then resize those pictures but the placeholder remains at a fixed "window" while the imported image has to fit in that window by cropping....I want to know how to resize the actual "window"/placeholder.

Thanks for any advice.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: How to resize a photo placeholder on a template?
on Dec 20, 2013 at 5:21:45 am

Didn't you say here that you worked it out?
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1361477

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Joe Bee
on Dec 20, 2013 at 2:20:38 pm

No not quite. It turns out it's more than just a double click. If anyone knows how, could you please instruct me? I know that there are lots of good tutorials out there on basics of AE but I'm just asking if anyone knows exactly what I'm talking about to get an exact answer.

I'll be asking around in other forums so feel free to find them if you can ;)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 20, 2013 at 6:12:46 pm

I'm sure lots of people can figure it out, but without access to the project, it's impossible to know how it's structured to be able to tell you what steps you need to go through to change it work for your needs.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Joe Bee
on Dec 21, 2013 at 6:28:49 am

Thanks for the reply. Is there anything I can do or show that could help? I can record a video or maybe take more screencaps of whatever it is you need to know about it. I'm just a little surprised how difficult this actually seems to be as nobody has yet seemed to have any answer for this.

Return to posts index

Joe Bee
on Dec 21, 2013 at 9:15:36 am

Here is a short video that hopefully shows and helps.

http://tinypic.com/r/fwkf8i/5

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 22, 2013 at 2:15:26 pm

Well, I was thinking you should post your project, but actually the video did it. The layer that is creating the matte, is "shy". Press the button above the "TrkMat" column that looks like a guy's head peeking over a wall. That will give you access to all the layers in that comp, including the layer that is defining the matte.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Joe Bee
on Dec 23, 2013 at 1:22:48 pm

Thanks so much! That's what it is! Phew....

Return to posts index

Tomo Novosel
on Sep 21, 2016 at 9:53:54 am

Hey there! Actually have the same problem and will send a screenshots. I have about 40 horizontal images that I want to have vertical, but the placeholder is set to horizontal so I can't fit in any group photos. Tried a few things but can't figure it out, can anyone help? I have lots of vertical group shots and works like a charm on all the others, but the other ones make me a bit crazy :))

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]