ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I remove this bar from the background after doing ultra key on premiere pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Artur Tchoudinov
How do I remove this bar from the background after doing ultra key on premiere pro
on Dec 19, 2013 at 11:52:40 pm

Hi,

I've done a green screen clip but due to available resources (or a lack thereof) there was a metal bar that goes through the middle of the clip. I know there is definitely a way to get rid of it in After Effects but I'm not really sure on what to google.

http://i.imgur.com/pSgGybc.jpg

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
Re: How do I remove this bar from the background after doing ultra key on premiere pro
on Dec 20, 2013 at 3:52:08 pm

precomp the keyed footage. Then on the precomp use the rotobrush to get a quick roto around your people, but of course, exclude the pole in your roto. That's how I would do it.

If they're not moving around much, you could also just do a quick mask and keyframe it like a roto.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

Artur Tchoudinov
Re: How do I remove this bar from the background after doing ultra key on premiere pro
on Dec 20, 2013 at 4:02:14 pm

Sorry, I'm fairly new to this... could you please explain what you mean by "precomp keyed footage then, on precomp?"

I googled precomp but I'm still unsure of what you mean

Thanks for the reply

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
on Dec 20, 2013 at 4:57:18 pm

A precomp comes from pre-composing. It's under Layer>Pre-Compose. It takes the selected layer(s) and puts them in a new comp and puts that comp in the current comp. Shortcut is ctrl(or cmd)+Shift+C. Just try it with various layers to understand how it works. It's an extremely important tool in AE.

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
on Dec 20, 2013 at 5:47:32 pm

This might get really confusing then. If the two guys aren't moving around much, I'd start by drawing a mask over the bar and set the mask to subtract. Just hit the M key on your keyboard twice to quickly open the mask properties. Click on the box where it says Add and it will drop down a menu, select Subtract. That will make the pole go away. Now you'll need to key frame the mask points or anchor points so it doesn't cover up the two guys - I'm sure they're not moving perfectly still. Set a keyframe on Mask Path, and then just go about keyframing the position of the mask points.

Can you share the clip?

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]