ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What effect(s) are needed to make a dent on my logo after being hit by an object?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Lee
What effect(s) are needed to make a dent on my logo after being hit by an object?
on Dec 18, 2013 at 5:57:48 am

So I'm making the animation of an asteroid coming at breakneck speed and hits my logo and causes it to dent. But what effect(s) needed for the dent?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: What effect(s) are needed to make a dent on my logo after being hit by an object?
on Dec 18, 2013 at 9:24:37 am

You can try messing with one of these - Liquify, Bezier Warp and Mesh Warp.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Sebastian Lee
Re: What effect(s) are needed to make a dent on my logo after being hit by an object?
on Dec 19, 2013 at 4:52:16 am

Liquify fx is sufficient. Thank you so much to you sir and others here. The fx didn't cross my mind at all until you tell me. Oh yeah Mr Dave I also apply some dust to it upon impact from the asteroid and also put a free sound fx - explosion. thanks all

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Dec 18, 2013 at 2:15:06 pm

You don't say whether your logo is 3D or not, so I'll assume it's not. In addition to what Roland has suggested, you might also want to create a secondary texture map (or just recolor if in 2D) which changes at the frame the asteroid hits your logo. Because, you know when an asteroid hits your logo you're going to have to have your paint job repaired. Maybe some burn marks, or dust/debris. Depends on the scale of your logo, of course.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 18, 2013 at 4:38:28 pm

...not to mention the additional animation of position, rotation, scale, etc. that would occur after the logo is hit.

If this thing can be dented, my mind tells me it should react with some movement. What kind of movement? How much? That's a matter of personal taste, and based on how strong/massive/immovable the animator believes the object being struck should be.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]