ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

rendering master video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Seniserendering master video
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 4:51:41 am

I know It's a dumb question, but I am intending to render a master vodeo using Cineform intermediate or Lagarith codec for late distribution in blu ray and .mp4 whatchable files on TV.
I was wondering what values of Luma should I read in Sony Vegas and AE (color finesse 3) Waveform.
Sould I keep it from 0-100 using REC.709 colorspace or I have to go to .709 16-235?
I can go over 100 in Vegas so I can keep the super whites or I have to bring all inside 0-100?
My footages are from AVCHD files from Sony CAM .mts and .mov from Canon t4i also.
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: rendering master video
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 6:15:22 pm

Whether to use full (0-255) or video range (16-235) usually depends on what the other applications you're using expect.

I'd generally stick with full range, unless you see that shadows are being crushed and highlights blown out in other applications.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ricardo SeniseRe: rendering master video
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 9:53:38 pm

Ok, if I stick full range (0-255), will AE convert it to 16-235 when rendering to native blu ray h.264 or I will have to convert the colorspace to rec.709 16-235 using a filter before rendering?
If I render it using Vegas, will I have to filter it from pc rgb to studio rgb?
And what about super whites... I know AE can not handle it when rendering, but Vegas does. A blu ray player can read it if I use Vegas to author a blu ray?!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved