ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Bezier warp and constantly rasterize problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sofi ZilbergBezier warp and constantly rasterize problem
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 1:35:46 am

Hi! I have an illustration file i have imported in to after effects. I've animated layers using bezier warp and bending. but now, when i want to export it in best resolution, when i press the constantly rasterize button, all the layers behaves weird. what have i done wrong, and how can i fix it now without starting all over now?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Bezier warp and constantly rasterize problem
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 5:25:33 am
Last Edited By Todd Kopriva on Dec 18, 2013 at 5:26:11 am

Continuoisly rasterized layers have a different rendering order. You should not be making a layer continuously rasterized as a last step, after effects work has been done.

See this section of After Effects Help:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Bezier warp and constantly rasterize problem
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 9:23:33 am

If you didn't scale up the vector layer then there is absolutely no reason/need to switch on its Continuously Rasterize.

Another thing to note is that distortion effects with position parameters work on a layer's innate dimensions. However, if you rasterize the vector layer then such distortion effects work with the composition size.

There is actually a mathemathical solution to your issue which entails moving each parameter based on the scaling factor that you applied to the layer - assuming that you had changed the layer's scale prop.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: Bezier warp and constantly rasterize problem
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 4:37:01 pm

So basically, ya, what Roland is saying.

When you collapse transformations, or, continously rasterize an element with the bezier warp, you are making the bezier warp fit to the frame. Think of it as causing lens distortion to the frame itself. When it is unchecked, the warp moves with the layer that it is applied to.

I think Roland is saying to take the warp effect parameters and change them in the way that you animated the layers transform position. So, for example, if you simply animated the layer right 50 px., then you would do the same with the warp effect (note that it would have to be done with every single element in the effect).

Depending on the complexity of your animation, that could very quickly become a headache. I'd probably just do it over. Just scale the layer up to the max size it needs to be, precomp it (make the comp settings match the size of the layer as this is the border the effect will be applied to), and then apply bezier warp to the precomp. That way, you have no need to continuously rasterize.

Another thought, I don't know what your animation needs are, but I personally much prefer the use that effect with continuous rasterization. I just find it easier to set up a world of distortion, so to speak, and then animate my object through that.

Hope that helps

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved