ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particular Popping in and out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald Hapeman
Trapcode Particular Popping in and out
on Dec 17, 2013 at 6:29:06 pm

Seems simple enough, but can't find an answer... Using TP in having objects fall from sky, much like rain or snow but using images (textured polygons). The problem I am getting is that the images, whether it is the images or raindrops, or snowflakes, etc pop in and out of existence on screen, randomly, and I'm not sure where to get that to stop and have the flow be more like natural snowfall, etc... I messed with the random, life settings etc but they keep popping in and forming out of nowhere. How can I change that!? Many thanks!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Trapcode Particular Popping in and out
on Dec 17, 2013 at 6:37:30 pm

Are they popping in and out of existence TOTALLY, and seemingly at random....

...or are particles that were partially obscured by those in front of them now popping into complete visibility because they've become closer?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gerald Hapeman
on Dec 17, 2013 at 7:43:15 pm

Thanks Dave... Yes... I viewed frame by frame and they just randomly appear. To simplify... I've taken sets of leaves, set them up on separate layers - each two seconds in length - set that comp as my images which is set to random - still images under textures. They should just flow down but every now and then one pops into birth, foreground and background randomly as they are falling. Can't get it to adjust at all...

Thinking either my leaf layers are either too long or too short, but I watched a tutorial on setting that time remap and each image is set to only one frame, so I thought two seconds would be even better?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 17, 2013 at 7:39:23 pm

Are you sure you have set the life cycle correctly for your textured particles...random freeze frame should be a pretty safe one.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Gerald Hapeman
on Dec 17, 2013 at 7:45:09 pm

Thanks John... Yes, exactly. I actually went thru each of them, even thinking the freeze frame would be the better shot, but they still pop in and out right in the middle of the screen.

Return to posts index

Gerald Hapeman
on Dec 17, 2013 at 7:47:07 pm

The tutorial said incidentally to use Random - Still image and in the tut they don't pop in and out but hold for as long as the project runs... Go figure?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:19:58 pm

If you are on Ae CS6 or later? Does the problem go away if you clear the disk cache and purge memory?

If so, you should make sure you've got the latest updates to both Ae and Particular. There were a few bugs related to the new global performance cache features.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Gerald Hapeman
on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:50:39 pm

Yes... On AE CS6... I'm updated on AE and Red Giant, but I haven't purged, etc, which when I did, it seemed to do the trick. The initial pop in and out which was dead center on screen, even when I adjusted the length, randomness, etc, I was still getting it... but for now, considering the scene is only 10 secs in length, I don't see it any longer. I think perhaps that might have solved it! Thanks Walter... and all!!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Dec 17, 2013 at 11:19:13 pm

Trapcode Particular has a bug that trips up the After Effects cache system. The Trapcode folks are aware of this issue, but it can't hurt to let them know through the Red Giant Software bug report form that this problem is biting you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]