ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

render settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ruth stirlingrender settings
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 10:47:27 pm

I'm looking for some very basic help with affter effects cs6 on macbook pro. I have a file created in photoshop and exported to a jpg. The size is A3 landsape and is 3308 pixels x 2339 pixels.

I am trying to use after effects to do some simple animation, camera movements, text and sound.

The finished video will be put on to a disk and viewed on computer screens - it is not just intended for the web.

So far when I have tried various different settings for composition settings and render settings but each time I have rendered it, the images either come out blurry or the video is 'jittery' and doesn't run smoothly.

Clearly I am going very wrong somewhere.

firstly I was using

output module - h.264 and render settings- best settings

I would really appreciate an help with this.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: render settings
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 11:46:34 pm

I just asked a boatload of pertinent questions about this on Adobe's AE forum.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: render settings
by on Dec 17, 2013 at 2:58:39 pm

If you click on the name of the Output Module, it will open a dialog box with export settings and the default on my iMac for h.264 is 3 Mbps, which is quite low and is probably causing you problems.

In that dialog box with the h.264 Output Module selected, all your video settings should be fine (at the bottom, make sure you have our audio output checked if you have audio), but if you click the "Format Options" button, it will open a new dialog box where you can change some more settings. Make sure your profile is set to High or Main, leave the Level alone, but change the Target Bitrate to at least 15 and the Maximum just a few above that. You could probably go up to a target of 20 or even 30 and still be fine, the only reason not to go that high is if you are extremely limited on space or if your video has a lot of large blank areas, in which case you don't need the higher bitrate.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: render settings
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 12:13:16 am

You got answers on your duplicate thread here:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved