ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

DPX, TIFF, EXR Problems - Can't render Black & - export doesn't match original

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eli rezikDPX, TIFF, EXR Problems - Can't render Black & - export doesn't match original
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 6:45:57 pm

Hey guys,

So recently I'm working on a project and I was asked by the post house to export most of my files in DPX and the titles I made in EXR and TIFF.
I've encountered some serious problems that I couldn't fix, I hope you can help me.

1) DPX Can't render black
In one of the shots, the actress is walking and I was asked to do a black transition that crawls behind her,
I made a simple black layer with an animated mask.
When I rendered the file, the black was gone and I could see the original footage!
I did succeed on this one by setting the blacks in the DPX export settings to 1. Did I do it right? or did I just ruin it ?

2) EXR and TIFF files when re-imported to after effects are shorter
Two accidents here.
First I exported the titles in EXR - Zip Compression and the Editor said it was a mess and not timed as we planned.
Second I exported them in TIFF files and when re-imported the sequence is just shorter. I interpret them to the right frame rate and yet it still didn't work right

3) DPX Export is shorter than sequence
This may be just a bug in after effects CC but, I exported a sequence 4 times and the DPX file numbers didn't match the number of Frames.
I changed the sequence name (????) and It worked fine! why?

PS. all DPX files are 10bit and all Tiffs were Floating point RGB + Alpha

Thanks in advance for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved