ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it posible to heave timeremaped comosition inside of another comoposition which has been time remaped too ? and then controll them separatly by sliders ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vaclav toman
Is it posible to heave timeremaped comosition inside of another comoposition which has been time remaped too ? and then controll them separatly by sliders ?
on Dec 16, 2013 at 3:22:55 pm

Hi i am working on my puppet rig and I want to use time remaping for rotating the head. (i took multiple photos of the puppet head in difrent positions and then I put this frames to seqence and applyed time remaping picviped with slider devided by 25 it works But I want to bring new movemant not just rotating x axis but also in y axis so I took pictures of the head rotating in y axis and i put this frames in inside of each precom of x axis movemant and I apply time remaping ass well.then I created controler null with slider x,y and conected whit time remaped layers. it works but when i tryed to create keyframes on slider y it dont work. I understand that problem is in time remaping
So qestion is ?

Is it posible to heave timeremaped comosition inside of another comoposition which has been time remaped too ?

here is the Ae project for better understanding what i want to create on controler are sliders x turn the head and y make movemant. there are only 3 frames for each movemant so you have to animate only from 0-3 thnx for any help or advice if is it posible or not The puppet is crappy because i am testing this technique

http://www.animat.cz/download/head_test2%20folder.zip

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Is it posible to heave timeremaped comosition inside of another comoposition which has been time remaped too ? and then controll them separatly by sliders ?
on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:17:42 pm

You need to get all the possible head positions into a single comp to use time remapping.

I'd suggest doing it like this:

0: X0 Y0
1: X0 Y1
2: X0 Y2
3: X1 Y0
4: X1 Y1
5: X1 Y2
6: X2 Y0
7: X2 Y1
8: X2 Y2

Then, your time remapping will be calculated by (X*numberOfPositions + Y). For example, when you set your X slider to 1 and your Y slider to 2, you get this:

X=1
Y=2
X*numberOfPositions + Y
1*3 + 2
3 + 2

which you see corresponds back to X1 Y2.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

vaclav toman
Re: Is it posible to heave timeremaped comosition inside of another comoposition which has been time remaped too ? and then controll them separatly by sliders ?
on Dec 16, 2013 at 8:23:51 pm

Thanx for quick advice
I am not sure if i understand clearly but is it posible to automate these calculations by expresion? or what i need to write to time remap of the comp and how to conect it whith these two sliders to do these calculation ?

I am now trying to do it like put all movemants in a single comp in order you wrote then aply time remaping on this comp and conect it with slider and animate it by finding a start and the end position of the head I want put keys there and then just putt some toggle hold key frames between these two keys to avoid unvanted movemant of the head. it is not too hard but still not so quick and confortable. also when i got lot of keyframes sometimes it starts to do wierd things like were described in this article

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1042375

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]