ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CC (CS6) Timeline frames, not seconds when composition is under 10 seconds

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean WhelanAfter Effects CC (CS6) Timeline frames, not seconds when composition is under 10 seconds
by on Dec 15, 2013 at 6:05:22 pm

In Adobe After Effects, I made a composition that was 10 seconds long, but the timeline was only showing in frames not seconds. It does come up in seconds when it is a longer composition, but I'm just asking is it possible to view it in seconds when it is less than 30 seconds in length? (I saw a YouTube video where the composition was 10 seconds long and it was displaying in seconds.), or will I just have to live with it?

Thanks,

Sean

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects CC (CS6) Timeline frames, not seconds when composition is under 10 seconds
by on Dec 15, 2013 at 11:10:18 pm

See this in After Effects for instructions for changing time display units:
http://helpx.adobe.com/en/after-effects/using/timecode-time-display-units.h...

BTW, your subject line is confusing. Are you talking about After Effects CS6 (version 11) or After Effects CC (version 12)? They are different things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Sean WhelanRe: After Effects CC (CS6) Timeline frames, not seconds when composition is under 10 seconds
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 8:15:50 am

It's in After Effects CC. Also, I know how to change the timecode, all I'm asking is, is it possible to hav it in seconds when the composition is only 10 seconds long.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: After Effects CC (CS6) Timeline frames, not seconds when composition is under 10 seconds
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 3:16:41 pm

The smallest time factor in AE is frames; regardless of your Timeline's display mode. Hence, if you've set your display mode to seconds BUT you zoom sufficiently into the Timeline view, you will see frames and not seconds.

In short, live with it. ;-)

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Sean WhelanRe: After Effects CC (CS6) Timeline frames, not seconds when composition is under 10 seconds
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 6:10:07 pm

Ok, thanks :)

Return to posts index

Claire PresnallRe: After Effects CC (CS6) Timeline frames, not seconds when composition is under 10 seconds
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 10:43:49 am

Are you taking about the timecode counter in the top left of the timeline frame? Try ctrl/cmd clicking it. I'm in CC.

If you're talking about the area above your timeline, just zoom out like the above poster said.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]