ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with adding Knoll Light Factory to solid, the background does not turn transparent as shown in tutorials with older version of KLF

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Von BetelgeuseProblem with adding Knoll Light Factory to solid, the background does not turn transparent as shown in tutorials with older version of KLF
by on Dec 14, 2013 at 5:23:11 pm

I've got a problem using Knoll Light Factory, when I drag it onto a new solid the background does not turn transparent, it does when adding particular and has been shown to turn transparent in older tutorials.

I need a Knoll Light to stay in position on a separate transparent layer, how should I go about doing this? :/

Return to posts index

Mike ZimbardRe: Problem with adding Knoll Light Factory to solid, the background does not turn transparent as shown in tutorials with older version of KLF
by on Dec 14, 2013 at 6:40:25 pm

This did change in more recent versions of knoll. You now have to activate the unmult setting for the plug-in. Open the "rendering" tab and then click the checkbox next to unmult. You should see the background drop away.

Return to posts index

Mike ZimbardRe: Problem with adding Knoll Light Factory to solid, the background does not turn transparent as shown in tutorials with older version of KLF
by on Dec 14, 2013 at 6:40:41 pm

This did change in more recent versions of knoll. You now have to activate the unmult setting for the plug-in. Open the "rendering" tab and then click the checkbox next to unmult. You should see the background drop away.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Problem with adding Knoll Light Factory to solid, the background does not turn transparent as shown in tutorials with older version of KLF
by on Dec 14, 2013 at 8:46:52 pm

I have always been most pleased with "lighting" effects, including Knoll and Optical Flares, when I create the effect on a black solid, and then composite in Add mode. This adds the values of the brighter pixels to the underlying layers, giving a more convincing, brighter flare.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]